Welcome to my blog. I am an independant photographer specializing in safari / exotic animals. I sell prints and stock images. Here you can read about my travels, see my photos as they come, and get a glimpse into my life as a photographer and world traveler.






____________________________________________

Thursday 23 February 2012

Back to the cold

Tiger in the snow, Siberia
The Siberian tiger, also known as the Amur tiger, is a tiger subspecies inhabiting mainly the Sikhote Alin mountain region with a small subpopulation in southwest Primorye province in the Russian Far East. In 2005, there were 331–393 adult-subadult Amur tigers in this region, with a breeding adult population of about 250 individuals. The population has been stable for more than a decade due to intensive conservation efforts, but partial surveys conducted after 2005 indicate that the Russian tiger population is declining.

No comments:

Post a Comment